A Drive To Gingee In The Rain

It's been sooooo long since I posted anything on either of my blogs. When the new year began, I honestly meant to post regularly, but between sheer laziness and other projects that took up my time, I never got around to it.

In February, I went to a gorgeous fort called Gingee about a hundred miles from Chennai. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you might have seen some pictures from my phone. The day before we went, Ashwin, who's been there many times, kept warning me that it would be really really hot. He was wary because heat makes me crankier than usual. But when we woke up in the morning, it was drizzling! And then it rained all the way to Gingee and back, right through the day! Such good luck!

I thoroughly enjoyed the drive, and we stopped every now and then to take photos - some through the windshield too. So how about I make this post about the drive and the next one about the beautiful fort?
Now that we are well and truly into summer (my least favourite time of the year), 
even looking at these pictures is making me all wistful :(
This was how the hills of the fort looked when we got there. Almost like a hill station!
My first owl spotting on the way back. An adorable Spotted Owlet.
I've only been to Gingee once, but I'm telling you - visit it when it rains. You'll have a brilliant day. 
Stay tuned for pictures of the fort :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,