Vellore

My father, Ashwin and I went on a small road trip after a long long time on Sunday - we drove from Chennai to Vellore and back, to visit my aunt who lives there. My father spent a lot of years there before he moved to Hyderabad. I'd go to Vellore during my holidays as a child, to visit my grandmother - but she moved out 16-17 years ago, and this was my first trip there after that and naturally, I remembered very little of the town. Although we spent only about 5 hours there, we managed half an hour at the Vellore fort and the temple inside it. I loved what little I saw of Vellore, and I plan to go again as soon as I can, to spend more time exploring the town.

Road Trip
We started early to try and beat the heat, but it got really sunny very soon.
Road Trip
Once we got past Chennai, the landscape got really pretty.
Road Trip
I kept going click-click-click through the window, from the moving car.
Rangoli
We reached my aunt's home in Vellore in about 2.5 hours. You probably can't see them here, but my shoes have bows ♥ 
Jalakanteshwara Temple Vellore Fort
After lunch, we headed to the Jalakanteshwara Temple inside the Vellore Fort.
Jalakanteshwara Temple Vellore Fort
But the huge yellow door to the temple was shut until 3 PM.
Jalakanteshwara Temple Vellore Fort
We didn't want to wait that long, so we just took some pictures outside.
Vellore Fort
The Vellore Fort with the moat around it. I really must go back and see it properly.
A spooky old building near the fort. Dark clouds had begun to gather.
Road Trip Rain
The weather during the drive back was a strange mix of sunny and cloudy, initially.
Road Trip Rain
And then it got cloudier...
Road Trip Rain
And cloudier...
Road Trip Rain
And it finally started raining.
At this point, my father was very irritated with my constant clicking in the front seat, and made me to stop distracting Ashwin, who was driving. But the rain got heavier and heavier and continued well after we got home - such a welcome change after so many scorching hot days.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,